Urban Health Support Program
A proverb goes “Health is wealth”. Health is compared next to godliness. It is the root of all happiness. A healthy person is an asset of any country. Bangladesh is a poor country and here most of the people live below the poverty line. They lead their life with great difficulty. They can’t earn a lot for their families. So they suffer from various malnutrition like the rural population is the worst sufferers. At present, the government has taken some necessary steps to ensure health services to all over the country. Ensuring health services the government has taken a big project to built up huge health complexes.
Ensure the health service Srijony Foundation is working for the affected and deprived people who do not get standard medical facilities. So well trained and skillful staff are working for this purpose. Srijony Foundation implementing this project in Barisal and Kushtia municipality areas with the financial assistance from ADB, UNFPA, SIDA, and GOB through the Urban Primary Health Care Services Delivery Project (UPHCSDP) from January 2013. Ministry of local government, Rural development, and cooperatives (MOLGEDC) directly monitoring the project.
Health and Nutrition are some of the major components of Srzony Foundation. The nutritional status of pregnant women has significant influences on feral infant and maternal health outcomes. Nutrition education and counseling during pregnancy improve maternal nutrition and reduce the risk of poor health outcomes in both mothers and their children.
- Design a national model for healthcare financing to jump-start the journey towards all the district’s health coverage in Bangladesh.
- Encourage practice of co-payment and pre-payment by the community for access to health services at all levels of care.
- Improve access to healthcare from appropriate and reliable providers.
- Dominick financial constraints for seeking healthcare for low-income households.
- Project Location: Barisal division and its adjacent areas, Kushtia Municipality
- Project Duration: Two years
- Target Group: All household members in the targeted area
- Service provision period: Up to two years from the beginning period.The project main components are:
- Antenatal Care
- Postnatal Care
- Neonatal Care
- Normal & Cesarean Delivery
- Limited Curative Care
- Family Planning
- Communicable Disease control
- Clinical & Waste Management issues
- Diagnostic Service
- Ambulance Service
- RTI/ STI
- Behavior Change Communication (BCC)
- Prevent Violence against Women
Post Abortion Care
Adolescent Rep. Health Care
Other Reproductive Health Care
Vitamin A Deficiency
Basic First Aid
Emergency Transport Service
Health Education Session
Violence Against Women